Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's Just A Moose

This young one was hanging around the side of the road yesterday and I saw it on my way to work. Anymore, I usually just look and drive on past but decided to stop and take a pic. I'm always reminded of a story my friend Steve Nagel told me once. He owns the 'Wheel Bar' in Estes Park and there are elk everywhere in the town and, of course in RMNP. Tourists always stop to take photos and it can create a traffic jam(elk or moose jam) and irritates the locals trying to get to work or whatever. Steve often used to roll down his window and yell... "it's just an elk!". Well he was in Hawaii on vacation and stopped to take pictures of the whales when a local drove by and yelled at him... "it's just a whale!". After that, he realized that what we take for granted is special to someone else. We should always stop and smell the roses, even if we get to all the time!

3 comments:

Sean said...

Isn't that "Stop and Smell the Moose"??!!

Anonymous said...

To Sarah Palin it's not "Just a Moose".

Anonymous said...

Nuthin' up my sleeve! Nuthin' up my other sleeve!