Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thunder Over The Rockies




Last night I received an e-mail from my good friend Maj. Jim Reeman. It seems our chamber of commerce here in Grand Lake forgot to get in touch with the Colorado Air National Guard and formally request a flyover by Jim and his fellow pilots in their F-16s. They've been doing flyovers here on the big holidays for years and it's great to see the big jets thunder over the mountains and our magnificent little lake below! I forwarded his message stating that Grand Lake wasn't on the list for a flyover this Fourth of July to as many people as I could. With their help and Mac and Scott Munn doing the same, I hope we can make a last minute, grass roots effort to get us on the list.
Jim has a cabin on Grand Lake and although he has served many years in the guard and done numerous tours in places like Iraq, Afghanistan and Bosnia.....I think he really looks forward to doing the flyovers here and then driving up from Buckley to spend the weekend here in Grand Lake with his family and friends. I'll look forward to having him join me on stage for rendition of 'Sympathy for the Devil' by the Stones and hope he got to see us all from the air earlier in the day. Good luck Jim! I hope the last minute scramble to the computer helps. I look forward to hearing the roar and thunder of F-16s this weekend. It makes me even prouder to be an American!!

No comments: