Monday, June 9, 2008

The Hills Are Alive

After coating out some signs with background color I had time to record a little in the studio. The paint takes a while to dry so I had all afternoon to work on the Foot, Foot Song. I'm working on a children's book based on the song and I need to record it along with the narration of the story to go along with the book. Ronnie Roo has already been hard at work on the illustrations and so I'm doing my part to get the music together. I'm imagining the three rabbits singing together in harmony and have put down their parts along with bass, guitar,ukulele and percussion. So far it sounds pretty good and I put it on CD to listen to and decide what works and what doesn't. You can go onto roodroppings.blogspot.com to see an illustration and listen to a rough cut of the song. If I just had a rabbit suit to wear, I could really get into character but I guess I'll just have to eat lots of carrots and scratch my ears a lot! Maybe I'll ask Thumper or Bugs for advice.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Hey there!!! I just visited roo droppings and read the Foot Foot story and listened to the song. EXCELLENT!!! I loved it!!!!