Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Dead of Winter

The Cherry Blossom Festival is happening in Washington D.C., baseball season has started with the Boys of Summer back on the field and it's been over a week since the official beginning of Spring. Well not up here in the high country! Yesterday morning saw temperatures still below zero and this morning a fresh new blanket of snow awaits the new dawn. Bulls--t!!! Where's the sun? It is April isn't it? Shouldn't it be at least mud season now?
I, for one, am ready for Summer. I know I've got a long wait ahead of me but isn't there such a thing as a 'False Spring'? I always liked John Henry Rhone's description... "We have two seasons here in Grand Lake, this Winter and next Winter". Why did he have to be right all the time?
Guess I'll just have to go out and shovel some more snow or better yet, huddle up by the fireplace and go to a beach in my mind. Now I know why bears hibernate!

No comments: