Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Time to Move On

Well, as Jimmy Buffett sings "You can have rest of everything I own, "cause I have found me a home". A new home, that is! After a year of negotiations and of course keeping this secret, I finally worked out the deal I've been wanting to do for almost two years. I've traded my house in Grand Lake for this place right on the ocean in Caye Caulker! It turns out the owner lives in Denver and never gets down there anymore and was willing to more or less trade for a house in the mountains. We finalized the deal yesterday and I'll be moving to Belize sometime next week. Jeanine's a little shocked and is not sure yet if she wants to leave Grand Lake to move to a tiny island in the Caribbean. It's pretty much a 'turn key' deal, so all I'm really taking is my guitar and some clothes, tools and some money to get started fixing up the place. I'll also take my laptop so I can keep in touch and maybe even keep this blog going. Everyone is welcome to come visit! It's on Caye Caulker, Belize just two doors up from the Barefoot Beach Hotel & Lodge. I'll let the Lariat know when I get a phone # and e-mail address. Thanks for all the great memories here in Grand Lake and I hope to see some you at my new home. Later....Corm
Happy April Fools Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You had me there! Good one. BC

Anonymous said...

I fell hook line & sinker