Monday, March 31, 2008








There's just something about Pelicans that I love. Every time I get to go on holiday to 'somewhere with a beach' I find myself watching the Pelicans and snapping photos of the goofy looking birds. I see them almost every place I've been. I remember the ones on Granite Island, South Australia and the boat load shown here off Tobago and this guy on the right on Caye Caulker. And believe it or not, we even have a flock of American White Pelicans that hang out most of the summer on Shadow Mountain Lake near Pine Beach. Last Memorial Day at the parade in Grand Lake a squadron flew over about the time the F-16's did. I wonder if Jim Reeman knows he was almost shown up by a flock of Pelicans? So hats off to the family Pelecanidae whose members also include the Cormorant and my favorite, the boobies!

No comments: